Saturday 19 August 2017

Getting organized

   We are spending today getting organized with equipment and foods, both for the crew and myself. I discussed the weather with the captain and we are aiming to start at 8:15 tomorrow night (11:15 p.m. Hamilton time).
   The Hamilton Spectator published a lovely article yesterday about the swim, emphasizing the suicide prevention work that Sashbear and I do.
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7510063-hamilton-psychiatrist-fights-suicide-with-lake-tahoe-swim/
   My crew includes Thie Convery, who swam Lake Erie in 2010 (20 km) and has been on most of my swims, Paula Jongerden, who swam the 44 km crossing of Lake Erie in 2002 and helped me swim to P.E.I., and my husband. We are honoured to have Jodi DiLascio as the official observer. Jodi is the daughter of Marilyn Bell DiLascio. In a touching moment this morning on the phone, Jodi thanked my mother for naming me after her mother.

3 comments:

  1. The article in the Spec was well done. I wish you all the luck in the world with your swim tonight. Although I am very confident you won't need it, you will breeze thru this swim. I also hope you raised the money u were hoping for. Good luck Doc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps will any of your swim be live on Facebook? I hope at least the beginning and end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the best on your swim! What an excellent and important cause to raise money for. Also wishing my mom, Paula Jongerden, a great swim. You all inspire me!!! -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete