Tuesday 15 August 2017

Top of the mountain

   Yesterday I did my high altitude training. A high altitude expert told me that the best way to acclimatize to a given altitude is to go up to a higher altitude for a few hours.
   So I took the gondola and then another chairlift to the top of Heavenly Valley, a world famous ski resort.  Then I hiked up even higher past the top of another chair to the very top of the resort, the Sky Express chair at 10,040 feet. I think I huffed and puffed enough to get my body into high altitude gear. The views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains were spectacular.
  At noon, I'm going to send off Devon Clifford, a lady from near New York City, who wants to do a double crossing of Lake Tahoe. You can follow her on the tracker at the same link that my swim will be on. https://track.rs/tahoe/

No comments:

Post a Comment